How do fireworks with your countdown to midnight sound? Check out the upcoming 9th street New Year’s block party!
You can celebrate New Year’s Eve in the District (downtown Columbia) on 9th St, in the closed off block between Elm and Locust! Eve Fest is an alcohol-free celebration of the New Year with music, art, ritual, and festivity. The party starts at 7 pm! Show up earlier, and a 5K Run/Walk kicks off at 4:00 pm in front of Cyclextreme. Doors to the Venues open at 6:30 pm (Missouri Theatre, Columbia Art League, Missouri United Methodist Church, Shakespeare’s Parking Lot and the 9th Street Stage). The entertainment begins at 7 pm.
Admission buttons are now on sale. They are available at all Gerbe’s Grocers, the ARC and downtown Parks & Rec.
Buy your buttons early and enter your name in a drawing for a Bristol Acoustic Guitar!
$6 early purchase, $8 at the door
Children 6 and under FREE!
This year’s theme is “Light the Magic,” and the entertainment includes:
- Miss Jubilee & The Humdingers! Hot Jazz, Swing, Rhythm & Blues and R’n’R spanning the 1920′s-1950′s. Fronted by a high energy female vocalist and backed up by a swingin’ horn fueled rhythm section, Miss Jubilee is a favorite among Swing Dancers and fans of all ages who enjoy uplifting and energetic music!”
- Keith Jozsef – Master Illusionist …“consider nothing impossible” A master of sleight of hand and grand illusion. Keith Jozef will ignite our Eve Fest theme “Light the Magic” with perplexing enigma, mystery and wonder!
- Tom Andes and Sutu Forte Duel – “Blind Tom” and “Blind Boone” Narrator-Bill Clark Sutu Forte and Tom Andes will reenact the historic duel between “Blind Tom” and “Blind Boone.” Sutu and Tom will bring this duel to the Historic Missouri Theatre stage!
- Babaloo!-A one-man musical, comedy act for kids! Babaloo is high energy, over-the-top FUN. With Singing and Stomping, Singing and Shouting, Music, Magic and Mayhem. And laughing….lots of laughing!
- Not to mention food trucks in the Shakespeare’s Parking Lot!
Check out the photos from last year:
Visit columbiaevefest.com for more information.
Also check out our post 8 New Year’s Eve Events in Columbia, MO!