Your kitchen should be more than just a waystation to warm up leftovers and microwave a stray frozen burrito.
A focal point for gathering family, friends and food, our kitchens offer up a wealth of warm possibilities. But if you’re unhappy with your current configuration—don’t fret, you’re not alone.
According to a recent report from the Demand Institute, a full 62% of homeowners said that an updated kitchen with modern appliances is on their to-do list.
There’s no time like the present for inspiration, and we want to set you up for success in 2015 in your culinary and social pursuits.
Which brings us to these eight stunning spaces featured below. We cooked up a mix of cool kitchens currently on the market at a variety of price points.
If any of them inspire ideas for a new kitchen in the new year, just click on the image to learn more.
1. 3017 Pine Spring Rd, Falls Church, VA — $799,000
The dish: “Open kitchen-living-dining with walls of glass.”
2. 14 Farnham Park Dr, Houston, TX — $5.4 million
The dish: “Dream Chef’s Kitchen: Sleek Boffi cabinetry, honed granite, Gaggenau ovens.”
3. 10040 E Happy Valley Rd Unit 2016, Scottsdale, AZ — $1.725 million
The dish: “Chef’s kitchen includes beautiful Oceana granite counters from Brazil and top of the line appliances.”
4. 2040 NW 62nd St, Seattle, WA — $649,950
The dish: “Chef’s kitchen with quartz counters and stainless appliances.”
5. 65 Audubon Blvd, New Orleans, LA — $1.199 million
The dish: “Gourmet kitchen with granite and stainless appliances.”
6. 3310 Quinette Rd, St. Louis, MO — $790,000
The dish: “Renovated kitchen with breakfast room, all drenched in light by sunny windows overlooking lush grounds.”
7. 899 Gunter Ridge Rd, Pulaski, TN — $599,000
The dish: “The flavor of an English country manor with a renovated kitchen.”
8. 1900 Edgewood Ave S, Jacksonville, FL — $1.695 million
The dish: “Your own slice of paradise comes with … a gourmet renovated kitchen.”